If you go to school in Texas, you may already know when your Spring Break 2013 dates are. But in the event you don’t, and for those who want to plan their Spring Break 2013 in South Padre Island around the Texas break dates, we’ve got the weeks in question.
Everyone knows that South Padre’s Spring Break is given a massive boost by students who live in Texas. Up to 150,000 spring breakers flock to the destination commonly referred to as the multi-nation vacation – for its relative border proximity to Mexico.
Even though thousands of students living outside of Texas come each year to South Padre, it’s Texas’ very own that act as the true ambassadors for their home destination. In recent years, South Padre Island has grown in popularity as a Spring Break destination, becoming second only to Florida’s Panama City Beach in terms of most populated.
Below are the Texas Spring Break weeks:
- Texas A&M – 47,000
- Texas State University San Marco (TSU San Marco) – 28,000
- Texas Tech University – 28,000
- University of Texas at Austin – 51,000
- University of Houston – 40,000
- University of Texas at San Antonio – 31,000
- University of Texas–Pan American – 19,000
- University of Texas at Dallas – 19,000
- Sam Houston State University – 18,000
- Lamar University – 14,000
- Stephen F. Austin State University – 13,000
- Texas Southern University – 10,000
- Texas Woman’s University – 14,500
- University of Texas at Arlington – 33,000
- University of North Texas – 34,000
- University of Texas at El Paso – 23,000